The benefits of yoga for cancer is research-based and supported by the American Cancer Society. Yoga can be a valuable ally to help cope with and manage the physical and emotional stress from diagnosis, through treatment and into survivorship. Many of the body’s systems are negatively affected during this period but yoga has proven to have a positive impact to counter them. Some of these include strengthening the lymphatic, immune and cardiovascular system; increasing bone density; improving balance; assisting with insomnia and fatigue; reducing stress and inflammation; aiding loss of appetite and digestive problems; increasing range of motion; and overall improving the quality of life. Please join me in this workshop as we review the science, benefits and the tools to create a safe and effective practice or class for cancer patients and survivors.
- Week 1 – Benefits of Yoga for Cancer and the science and research behind it.
- Week 2 – Applying Yoga Principles to create a safe and effective practice utilizing pranayama, asanas, movement, and meditation.
- Week 3 – Managing Side Effects of cancer and treatment with yoga tools.
- Week 4 -Designing a Class or Series applying the concepts learned. This week is for teachers only.
Online workshop taught by Laurie Trigilio. Recordings will be available for those who can’t attend live. If local to Chandler, AZ, you may also attend workshops in person (address to be provided upon registration).
Thursdays from 5:00-7:00 pm AZ time – January 9, 16, 23, and Training Session on Feb. 6*
*Note that there are two different offerings available for participants or teachers/trainees as follows:
- Participants: Thursdays from 5:00-7:00 pm AZ time – January 9, 16, 23 (Weeks 1-3) – Investment $125
- Teachers/M-AYST Trainees: Thursdays from 5:00-7:00 pm AZ time – January 9, 16, 23 and February 6. Week 4 (Feb 6) will include specialized training for yoga teachers/M-AYST trainees only. – Investment $180
- Includes 8 YACEP CEUs and 8 M-AYST Hours. Additional hours offered for certification. Applies towardspecialty in TH, YWC M-AYST Candidates.