Yoga Nourishment: Evolving Beyond Eating Disorders: Eating Disorder behaviors manifest as an unhealthy way of dealing with stress and unprocessed emotions, i.e. shame, anxiety, and anger, that are stored in the body. Negative core beliefs about the self and body feed these destructive behaviors such as, “If I have the perfect body (external focus) then I will feel happy/good enough (internal feeling)” only to end up feeling more alone and disconnected.
The Key to Recovery is Connection which IS the practice of Yoga. Join me on the path of ways to connect with the breath and body, flow with emotions, cultivate a more nurturing mindset, and allow the authentic self to emerge. Online self-paced training taught by Lori Haas, LCSW, CEDS, 500-CYT.
This training will cover:
- Week 1: Cultivating a Healing Mindset by challenging destructive thoughts around food, weight and body image.
- Week 2: Flowing with Feelings to release emotional heaviness and feel a sense of renewal.
- Week 3: Calming the Anxious Mind/Body and letting go of perfectionism.
- Week 4: Becoming Friends with Your Body and embrace body image acceptance.
- Cost $180 – Includes training materials and mentoring. Suggested reading materials are not included in the cost of tuition.
- Includes 8 CEUs/M-AYST Hours. An additional 4 CEUs/M-AYST Hours and certificate are offered upon completion of required homework.
- Applies toward a specialty in TH, YWC for M-AYST candidates.