Millions of people are impacted by mental illness each year. Navigating a global pandemic has only worsened this problem for many of us. Below are some recent statistics from NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness).
- 1 in 5 U.S. adults experience mental illness each year
- 1 in 20 U.S. adults experience serious mental illness each year
- 1 in 6 U.S. youth aged 6-17 experience a mental health disorder each year
- 50% of all lifetime mental illness begins by age 14, and 75% by age 24
- Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10-34
If you are dealing with mental health challenges, it’s important to know that you are not alone, and that hope and healing are available.
The mental health and healing benefits of yoga have been known and practiced for thousands of years and yoga can be an incredible tool for helping navigate mental illness or mental health conditions. Science has finally caught up and has proven that yoga practices help with ADD/ADHD, addiction, anxiety, chronic pain, eating disorders, depression, PTSD, sleep disorders, stress relief, trauma recovery, and more.
Some of the mental health benefits of yoga include:
- General stress reduction and stress management
- Increased mindfulness
- Improved mental clarity and calmness
- Relief of chronic stress and trauma patterns
- Trauma and PTSD recovery
- Improved concentration and focus
- Increased resiliency
- Better sleep
- Improved mood
Discover the effectiveness of using yoga as a tool to support your own mental health and healing, or that of someone you care about.
First time – $50 for 60 Minute Session
60 Minute Session – $75 individual, $100 small group
75 Minute Session – $90 individual, $115 small group
Save 10% off when you purchase a package of 3, or 20% off when you purchase a package of 6!
*Sessions are offered in my home studio in Chandler, AZ. I also offer sessions in the privacy of your home. Travel fees may apply.